Welcome to The House on the Rock blog, where you will find information about current and upcoming events at The House on the Rock Attraction. Become a follower to keep up-to-date on happenings at The House on the Rock!

The House on the Rock Attraction Event Blog

The House on the Rock Attraction Event Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Comments like these...

We're getting a lot of new comments like this...


My wife and I would like to thank HotR, deeply, and honestly, for one of the most memorable events of our lives. I didn't know until I asked that this is the first late-evening events, indeed the first event like this EVER at HotR, you folks were professional, patient, dotted I and crossed T, with little unexpected touches glittered about HotR for the Gaiman-specific fans... as a geek convention professional, I was VERY impressed with the organization and execution of plan, and oh, by the way, it's at HotR. PLEASE, beg Mr. Gaiman to come back for another round in a year or two; failing that, PLEASE, consider Halloween costumed events. (Granted, geeks tend to be pretty harmelss convention goers...). Thank you for having the wolf carousel figure for us to pose on. Thank you for staying up so late! Thank you for having MORE than enough food, enough libations, for the magician, for the special red Esmerelda tickets, for having Tom at the afternoon lectures, and for utterly mesmerizing my wife on her first trip. Quality, execution of a plan, patience, and making a special weekend we will both cherish. Thank you, thank you, thank you. -Mr.Fortune (I'll come help clean up all the bills Sunday...)

--CatDoc


Thank you all for coming--the smiles on your faces tell the whole story, and we were pleased to sponsor The Gathering of American Gods at The House on the Rock.

Keep tuned to the blog; an event recap will be coming soon along with links to photographs of Carousel riders, and other information including ideas for future events.

Happy Halloween!

14 comments:

Plaid Lantern said...

It was the most incredible time I could of ever hoped for, and my wife and I feel incredibly lucky to be a part of it. I love the House and last night, it loved us back. Thank you!

Maura Janelle said...

I don't think I could improve on this comment; everything about this weekend was perfect and amazing. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...having never gone to a gathering of this sort or size before, I couldn't have seen a way to improve on it the first time around. The staff was wonderful...we will be coming back to the House for years to come.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED it! Great job, everyone!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this. The weekend was amazing, beyond words, the experience of lifetime. I was smiling the entire time. I can only say that I hope we might repeat the occasion some day. But until then I'll be coming to the House again and again with friends to educate. Thank you and thank you again!

- Mary

heresalittlesong said...

I had the time of my life ~ Literally! Not only did I get to hear Neil Gaiman read from his wonderful novel, but I also had the opportunity to ride the Carousel! Thank you for this lovely opportunity. I hope to make my way here again some day.

Sherri said...

Thanks for a perfect evening..... This was one amazing event. My son and I went together, both of us are huge Neil Gaiman fans and had a fantastic time. Can't wait to see the recap and pictures of the carousel riders!!!

Terri said...

I loved the whole weekend. Unexpectedly, my favorite part by far was the opportunity to spend an hour listening to Tom Kupsh share stories about HotR. After listening to him, I saw the attraction through new eyes (and this was my fifth visit!).

If this weekend's visit was as successful in your view as it was in the view of your grateful guests, I'd love to see HotR consider future events that give more of this "behind the scenes" view of the attraction. Spending time with Tom and others responsible for creating Alex Jordan's vision would be a DREAM.

Thanks for everything!

Jim said...

I thought you guys did a wonderful job putting this on. Staff were courteous and helpful the entire time. I was only ever briefly lost before someone was able to answer a question and get me to the right place. Offering New Glarus was a total thumbs up move on the part of HotR. Is anybody going to be posting pictures of the costumes? Some of those were so great I don't want to forget them. Unfortunately due to an injury I was able to move around and take my own pics.

Anonymous said...

Thank you HotR staff for a wonderful event! You all helped create something magical. To see all those folks in costume enjoying the attraction was beyond words. Your staff was helpful, knowledgable and cheerful. They all deserve a great big raise!
Thank you again for a memorable evening. This was my first trip to the HotR but it won't be my last!

Ms. Morris said...

What a wonderful weekend! I echo all the praise I've read so far, and also wish HotR would consider an annual Halloween costume party. I can't imagine a better place to spend Halloween!

Kristi Dorson said...

Beautifully said! A top-notch event! My husband and I had a WONDERFUL time, you guys really outdid yourselves. I am trying to get all my pictures together so I can go and gush on my blog about how absolutely fantastic everything was. A++++, PLEASE do this again!

Ryan said...

Thank you so much for the best Halloween experience ever!
I had such a great time, and met some wonderful people, including your wonderful staff, and event guests of honor. I can surely echo support of doing Halloween events in the future, as you have now ruined all other future Halloweens for me, if I have to compare them to this year's experience.
You all were great, and I can't thank you enough! It was truly a magical event!

Unknown said...

We had an amazing time. Thank you so much to the staff for making it a night my husband and I will never forget... HotR is always a bit surreal but the memory of people in costume wandering around at night will not fade for us... Food was great, bands were amazing, staff was more than helpful - and of course the fans were great to be around as well. We caught a glimpse of Neil wandering through the party as we were leaving, just icing on the cake :)

Anonymous said...

I had an amazing time- THank you so much for everything! And to top it off, I got to ride Shadows mount! Do you have any "official" photographs of the event? Thank you once more!